CONTAINS PERSONAL DETAILS AND SOME INTERESTING PICTURES FROM AROUND
Black Mountain Telstra Tower
- I am a keen bushwalker (tramping or backpacking
for some of you) usually trekking in Kosciusko National
parks in the Snowy Mountains region of NSW.
- I have undertaken some walking on the Hume and
Hovell Track during 2007 and 2008 (see link)
- In 2009 with some fellows from Southern Highlands
of NSW I walked the Great North Walk from Woolwich (Sydney) to
Yarramalong (near Wyong). In 2010 we walked from Yarramalong to Newcastle
- Then in May 2011 we walked from Ballarat to Bendigo on the Great Divide Trail
- In April 2012 we walked from Kiandra to Tharwa along the Aust Alpine Walking Trail
- I also am a member of Melba Shed which is a Mens
Shed in North Belconnen ACT
Bulls Head, Brindabellas, ACT
These pictures were taken by ACTEW staff and I over
the 29th-31st May 2000. During this period the Brindabellas experienced
some of the heaviest snow falls ever. On Sunday 28th May snow covered
much of the ACT and the surrounding regions.
The following page offers a selection of pictures
taken using a Kodak DC240 digital camera.
Pictures from 29th-31st
For more detailed pictures see
Pretty Plain Hut Rebuilt and Opened
Some great pictures of the rebuilding.The reopening of the hut with pictures
The ABC ran a segment in Stateline of 19th Feb about Pretty Plain. You can view online at the ABC. Pretty Plain was opened on 13th March.
A group of old fellas walk along part of this track
in NSW 2007 and 2008.
The same group of old fellas walk along part of this
track in NSW 2009.
The naming of Mt Kosciusko and why it should or
should not be spelt with a "z" in the name.
Other Items and Links
Bushwalking and Hut Sites.
My Other Web addresses